Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On my mark

I am presently working on the last few paintings that will be in my showing at the Costa De Oro Tasting room on the day after thanksgiving, I am both excited and nervous. I have not had a major showing since before I moved from NY, I mean I have had displays and small showings, but this seems like a big deal to me, and it is. I have about 1/2 of the pieces done and should be accepted pretty well. I have put an event post on my facebook site, so I will put the link up on the page here and if you like you can click it and check it. I am presently back to working on my various blogs and website, trying to connect all of them together and getting a “massive” web presence going, I have found several really nice art blogs on blogger and I hope to connect with the artists' and see if I can get them to contribute to my Artist Network site http://www.ccvisualart.com and with any luck, I can also get some advertisers so it will make some self sustaining funds.

I will have to say  am so tired of working and trying to find time for my art and my writing, I am so behind on my book / books and I want to get a publisher “on the hook” so I can get my name out, as far as painting…. I REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO IT I am not saying that my skills are dull or suffering, but I want to spend more time painting and finding my “voice” in art, I have been silent too long..,.maybe?

I am going to get back to work now, and try to be the gifted artist my wife sees me as, I am so happy I met and married her, she is my gift.

I will be taking pictures of the completed paintings today and posting them, feel free to comment on them once posted and let me know what you think.

Facebook page Links: Facebook Artist Page / Event Page

 

Event Information………………………..

Date: Friday, November 27, 2009

Time: 4:00- 7:00pm

Location: Costa De Oro Winery

Street: 1331 South Nicholson Ave.

City/Town: Santa Maria, CA

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joseph,

    Best wishes on all of your new activities.
    I'm looking forward to seeing these new paintings.

    Peace,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, dear,
    I am so proud of you. You are getting out there and showing your work!

    ReplyDelete