Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cleaning Confirms Painting Is Really a Velázquez - NYTimes.com

 

Cleaning Confirms Painting Is Really a Velázquez - NYTimes.com

I read this article today, and I find it amazing how time passes, this work in a treasure and for it to sit and sit without the world recognizing it, until now interests me. The Metropolitan has done miracles in keeping the treasures of history alive, but why cant we do this everyday, and it seems so strange that this is buried in the deepest part of the paper, when it should be a top story, oh no, I forgot, we need to know what Jon and Kate are up to, or if Octo-Mom is going to bring a new litter into the world, I am tired of all the trivial, lets look as something that screams hope. I want us, as a nation to look at what we leave for our children and our future, not the darkness of out lives, but the hope of what may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment