Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poetry as I write it.

I believe it is common to consider that poetry must rhyme or be in verse, for me I conceive that poetry is an inner expression and does not have to be “historically” set in specific stance. I would like to present to you some of my views in an introspective way, the world as seen through my eyes and felt through my heart. I would not expect everyone to gain a sense of awe or wonder by my words, but if you take the time to look at the way it is composed, you may find it enlightening.

I think too much has been placed on writers, that poetry or works on literature should be presented in a certain way. When we stepped out of the darkness and began to communicate, we had to develop from grunts and gestured movement to complex languages. The human race has grown into many cultures with many forms of independent expression; however the desire for beauty and culture has similar traits in all languages. It is through desire to be close to enlightenment that we write our thoughts down, this is the reason that we take the time to express our inner feelings on paper, for the future generations to see our lives truly unfettered.

clip_image002

Joseph Timmons, would be author

No comments:

Post a Comment